Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp wont boot!

• Please log in to reply

Richo8

Richo8

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

I have windows Xp Pro, when i turn it on it gives me the message about a unexpected shutdown, it then gives me the option of safe mode or normal. Safe mode starts to list all the drivers etc then it freezes for ages and then eventually reboots, Normal mode just brings up the windows loading screen and then reboots. i cant run my recovery console as i dont know my admin password although i swear i left it blank.

Can anyone help!!!!

Cheers Rich

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Did you try to boot in Last Known Configuration?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

When you try booting via Safe Mode, on what file does it stop - mups.exe?

Murray

MaDDPsycho

MaDDPsycho

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm having this exact same problem, i had lost power while i was trying to defrag my computer, since then its been doing this. it wont boot in any option when it gives me the list to choose from, for safe mode it freezes after gagp30kx.sys, its one after mup.sys. i cant seem to figure the problem if anyone can help it would be appreciated

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi MaDDPsycho.

Please start a new topic with your problem. It's very confuzing when few people use the same line.