Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless USB to see 1.1 specification

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The Wireless USB Promoter Group – including such companies as HP, Intel, LSI Corporation, Microsoft, NEC, NXP Semiconductors, and Samsung – have announced that they are developing the Wireless USB 1.1 Specification.

Obviously building on the Wireless USB 1.0 Specification, advancements include "new options for first-time association of devices, improved power efficiency, and support for UWB frequencies above 6Ghz" and will support Near Field Communication (NFC) capabilities.

The Wireless USB 1.1 Specification will be finalised in the first half of 2008.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-57dbc65_1.html

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....did i miss a whole technology here? what's wireless usb 1.0? surely it's not wireless networking devices but a wireless connection to the USB device itself right? has anyone seen such a product?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Sure have:

Wireless USB 1.0

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AHA! i have seen those...basically a standard wireless link between the PC and the usb hub...now it makes sense

(if that link would have started with sixnetio.com i would have banned you for spamming by the way)

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

AHA! i have seen those...basically a standard wireless link between the PC and the usb hub...now it makes sense

(if that link would have started with sixnetio.com i would have banned you for spamming by the way)

:) :wave: :) :) :)

We just added wired USB to our managed switches, but we dont have wireless usb (yet)