Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mediaacc.exe - application error

• Please log in to reply

katietoo

katietoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was not here when this mess began but I now have this message popping up on my general use side of my computer, my admin side is fine. just very slow.
mediaacc.exe - application error the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) click on Ok to terminate the application.
when I click okay nothing happens. when I finally got task manager to open it is filled with mediaacc.exe processes running. none of which will end. nothing else will open for me to figure out what is wrong. I did get stinger to run and nothing was found.
I recently downloaded spykiller which I think began all of this mess. Would someone please tell me how to fix this problem.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

Mediaacc

you need Hijack this

HJT

run Panda online

Panda