Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DX 10

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
i know this is a very simple question, but if you have a dx 10 graphics card, do you need widows vista to use dx 10 in games?
chilipeppersman

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

i know this is a very simple question, but if you have a dx 10 graphics card, do you need widows vista to use dx 10 in games?
chilipeppersman

Yes you need windows Vista and a directx10 video card to take advantage of dx10 mode.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
dang that really sucks because vista still sucks now..... and i have windows xp. i guess i will have to stick with some other games then. im about to play doom 3 anyway.
thanks

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

dang that really sucks because vista still sucks now..... and i have windows xp. i guess i will have to stick with some other games then. im about to play doom 3 anyway.
thanks

what games are you wanting to play because directx10 games like crysis are backwards compatible with directx9.. They will run in directx9 but you wont get all the eyecandy.

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
well, i dunno it was just something i was curious about, just for the future. crysis will probably have a high sys req, but older games are really not that bad, but thats the thing i dont like about new stuff that keeps coming out, and pushing the graphics. cause then if you hear its really good, then you have to spend money to upgrade, so im just going to get to a game that maxes my pc out, and go down from there
thanks for all your help
chilipeppersman
btw: check out my topics in hardware and windows xp:http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/startup-freeze-up-t172155.html
http://www.geekstogo...ms-t172256.html
see if you can help me out