Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding a new sata hard drive with raid1

• Please log in to reply

saintrichy

saintrichy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just buoght a new Samsung sata 160GB hard drive to add to my system, I would like to use it in conjunction with an existing seagate 80GB sata drive in RAID1. Can I do this without losing the current data on the existing drive, i.e. without backing everything up, reformating e.t.c. Is there away just to slot in the new drive plug it in add raid drivers and let windows sort out the mirroring. I have looked around the internet but it seems either nobodies done it (or asked, anyway) or it is impossible (doubtful) or you need specalist software.
I hope someone can help as it seems a resonable proposition and I cannot understand why there is not more info on the subject out there.

Edited by saintrichy, 02 October 2007 - 11:53 AM.

Advertisements