Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting windows " old " directory ? ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
I have recently bought vista home premium upgrade, but ran into a few problems when i tried to install it over xp pro.
I was advised in a previous thread that this would upgrade fine,, but thats not the case,,,

Anyhows,,, wasnt too much of a problem, as i had read " ADMINs " thread in the vista stickys, and followed the advice of doing the double install,,,,install vista without the serial number ( trial ) then reinstall it over the first install, this time using the serial key ! ! !

Worked a treat,,, all installed , up and running,, and i am well pleased,,, thanks to ADMIN for the sticky ! ! !

One question though ,,,, i now have 2 files named windows old,,,, can i delete both of them now that they are of no use to me ? ? ?
One of them is my old xp pro files,, the second,, from the first vista install ! !

Any advice would be appreciated

Advertisements