Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update problem

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone, Another little problem on the wifes laptop, running Vista Home Premium. Last week, I had to delete her e-mail account, and then set it up again, because she couldn't delete her e-mails, so thats ok again at the moment, now we find she can't download windows updates. It says there is an update for "Cumulative security update for internet explorer 7 in windows Vista (KB937143)", then when you download it, it says there is an "error 80073712". After doing a bit of research, thats how I sorted the e-mail out, I find this and the e-mail are vista bugs that will be sorted out when this Sp1 update thing comes out, but how do we install this sp1, if the laptop won't install updates? Is there a way to install updates manually, will the sp1 update sort these bugs out?Any thoughts, advice, links, that may help the update problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Comments on this error code are in this link....also, one person called Microsoft and posted their 'fix'.
http://itsvista.com/2007/02/kb931712/

Edited by Jacee, 03 October 2007 - 06:15 PM.

thenrifi

thenrifi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This one worked for 2 very stuborn computers - should work for all!
http://www.onlinweb....r-80073712.html

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Thanks for the replys, A bit busy at the monent, but will try and do as you sugested next week, will let you know if it works.