Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection lost?(cable)

• Please log in to reply

monoxidez

monoxidez

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Okay so like the past one to three days, I have been deleting and transfering stuff from my labtop to the desktop. I have moved about 30 gigs from the labtop to the desktop. After I have moved the files, I deleted them. I than defragged my PC today. But during that time, I decided to watch some tv clips. But after that, I notice that my downstream was really slow. I than notice that when I go to msn, I sometimes lose a connection and decide to do those Windows live messenger connection troubleshooter. For every time I don't have a connection, It sayes that my default gateway is having problems but after a repair, my connection comes back again. But than my connection just gets lost again @_@. I also tried power cycling but that didn't work also @_@. Please help me, I am trying my best to contact this forum while I still can connect.

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Have you been uninstalling programs too?

monoxidez

monoxidez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I only moved and deleted pics, music and videos. I think as of right now, I am stabilizing..but I'm not sure since I have small connect lost.