Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD burner recently stopped working

• Please log in to reply

TRBEEMAN

TRBEEMAN

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This has just happened in the past few days. I've been trying to burn a cd and the burn speed has gotten extremely slow. It will eventually burn the data onto the cd, but for example when I make a music cd the songs always skip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well it's possible that the drive is just dying..... my other best guess if it's not that is, either the software you are using to do the burning is corrupted or you have so much running in the background ( maybe including virus/spyware? ) that it's interfering with the burning process...

Richenstony

Richenstony

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

This has just happened in the past few days. I've been trying to burn a cd and the burn speed has gotten extremely slow. It will eventually burn the data onto the cd, but for example when I make a music cd the songs always skip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont mean to sound like a stick in the mud but burning at the slowest speed whilst burning important data is whats meant to be done ....... i burn all my dvds , software , and all other programs at 6x which in my case is the slowest speed , its so the disc doesnt jump any data and burns it all to disc .

Example:

If i was to burn say a movie and i burnt it at 16x , the voices and lips wouldn't be in sync ....

Tony :)