Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

optical mouse woes

• Please log in to reply

version1

version1

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I've pretty much given up trying to use any optical mouse on my system anymore but maybe you guys have a suggestion. I used to have an optical mouse that connected to my system and worked well. It began to die and over the course of a month or so it would only work some of the time. It finally died on me and I got another optical mouse. It was detected by my system but the light wouldn't go on thus I couldn't use it. I tried 4 others and they were all detected but would not work. I am now using an old mouse with a roller ball in it. I would very much prefer to go back to my old mouse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
How do you plug mouse into computer usb? or standard mouse port? Switch method used if possible and see what happens you may need adapter depending upon which port you use.

I assume you are using usb port. Try also switching usb ports which you are using.

When the mouse is connected go into control panel and look at your device drivers are all devices installed properly?

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 02 October 2007 - 11:50 PM.

version1

version1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a usb connector at the end of my optical mouse but it also has a regular mouse port adapter as well. I have tried using both as well as using different usb port on my comp.... still nothing :)

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Is this a wireless optical mouse?

version1

version1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Nope.

jtscustomcomputers

jtscustomcomputers

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
Who is the exact manufacturer and model of mouse?

Edited by jtscustomcomputers, 03 October 2007 - 01:34 AM.

version1

version1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
The manufacturer of the one I still have is Philips and it is a optical scroll mouse (blue). US2-GA1007

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
To verify that the mouse is functioning correctly, plug it into a different computer and see if it works.

Edit: When I Google "US2-GA1007" this thread is #1 result :)

Edited by Titan8990, 18 October 2007 - 03:00 AM.

version1

version1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I tried this one on another comp and it had the same prob. I'm going to try another one tomorrow and see if that yields better results

version1

version1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
**This was the first result??? LOL**