Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bioshock Problemo!

• Please log in to reply

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
i have a friend who recently installed Bioshock in his computer. it started up fine and then in the main screen he couldn't see the mouse. I reduced all the graphics to very low and resoulution too but the mouse still did not appear. anyway i managed to click NEW GAME for him and when he was playing it the graphics were all black!!! nothing could be seen. he could hear a man falling and he could only see the fire around and couldnt see himself walking or anything. the graphics could not be seen at all...!!!! nothing only fire

his comp

AMD Turion
2.40 Ghz
512 MB Ram
256 VGA
Direct X 9
Windows XP

PS: i thought it could be that direct x 10 was needed... what do youll think

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
DX10 is not needed, it runs on DX10 or DX9.

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

System RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Hard disc space: 8GB free space

First problem is he doesn't have enough RAM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

i have a friend who recently installed Bioshock in his computer. it started up fine and then in the main screen he couldn't see the mouse. I reduced all the graphics to very low and resoulution too but the mouse still did not appear. anyway i managed to click NEW GAME for him and when he was playing it the graphics were all black!!! nothing could be seen. he could hear a man falling and he could only see the fire around and couldnt see himself walking or anything. the graphics could not be seen at all...!!!! nothing only fire

his comp

AMD Turion
2.40 Ghz
512 MB Ram
256 VGA
Direct X 9
Windows XP

PS: i thought it could be that direct x 10 was needed... what do youll think

Just because you have 256 mb video card doesnt mean you can play the game.. Without knowing the exact model I have to guess that its probably the video card isnt fast/new enough for that game.

You can try updating the video card drivers also to see if thats the problem.

Ya on the demo level I remember the fire thats ontop of the water where the plane crashes. That scene is pretty dark.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
his VGA is an ATI 1100.
and do you really think RAM could be a problem if the graphics are reduced to 0???

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The game does really need 1GB, it's a bit hungry for RAM.

Your Radeon 1100 isn't the fastest card in the world either, I had to lower the settings on my old Geforce 760GS (some low and some medium) and that's faster than yours.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
oh man!!!!! then thats gonna be sad news for my friend. He really wanted to play the game. I wanted to play the game as well on his computer. thanx for the help guys...:)