Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How i fixed trojan-spy.smitfraud.html.c

• Please log in to reply

Joshy J

Joshy J

• Pip
  • 9 posts
It worked for me, authough it may not work for you.Its worth a shot.
You need to enter the regestry editing toot. If you dont know where to find it, it is at Start->Run->regedit.(without the dot :tazz: ) then go into
1.)HKey_Current_User
2.)Software
3.)Microsoft
4.)Windows
5.)CurrentVersion
6.)Policies
7.)System

And change the regestry entry that says wp.bmp or wp.exe so that there is no text in the value box.
Then set all values with 1's in them to 0's.
Restart, and you should have the tabs there and be able to use the browse box.

If you don't want to do all that, thel if you are using 98, you could always use a theme...

If thes works or doesn't work , let me know at
Edit: Removed E-mail address

Edited by don77, 15 April 2005 - 10:16 PM.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi Joshy j and welcome,

This may have worked for you, But I would just like to add that there is more than just the one exe involved in a lot of the logs we are seeing,
We have seen this to be a temporary solution for a number of users,

I would suggest running through the steps outlined in this Topic and posting a HJT log in the Malware Removal Forum

Note I edited your e-mail address in your topic. You will likly see your e-mail box filled with more than you care to have there. Spammers love when you post your e-mail in a forum,,

Thanks
Don

steveybaby2

steveybaby2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When trying to get the browse button working, try the above first.

But if it still doesn't work (I followed the recently closed thread on how to remove this nasty virus) then just delete the wallpaper key in the registry under:

This should give you the browse button back :tazz: