Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Not XP problem but really need your help

• Please log in to reply

Panayotis

Panayotis

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

I can not send email to Hotmail account. I have a permanent error.
I sent the same email to 25 persons but 9 of my friends (all hotmail users) can not get it!
We are all friends in my "anesthesist nurse" classroom /form
I neve had any pb before!
I don't understand

Connected to 65.54.244.8 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. We recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail lists. For enrollment instructions, please refer to: http://postmaster.li...ices.aspx#JMRPP. For additional information about Microsoft's technical guidelines, please refer to: http://postmaster.li...Guidelines.aspx

Please help

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Seeing as you KNOW it's not an XP problem, why did you think to go ahead and post it in this section anyway? Just because there's more viewers, doesn't mean you'll get a better reply. Posting it in the correct place where the people will have better knowledge on the subject at hand will help you more.

Anyway, it sounds as if Windows Live has blacklisted your IP because a few people marked your incoming emails as spam. You might want to contact them and get it fixed.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is caused because Hotmail have blocked you from sending email to Hotmail addresses because on previous occasions your IP address has been used to send junk mail to Hotmail. Please be advised, this is probably not yourself.

Ideally you need to contact both Microsoft and your Internet provider, as your provider may be able (if the offenders are still on their books) to take action to kick them off.

There's not a lot more you can do short of getting your Hotmail friends to change email addresses to non-Hotmail ones.

Edited by Neil Jones, 03 October 2007 - 03:00 PM.