Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP will not startup

• Please log in to reply

Leelad00

Leelad00

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Ok here goes;

I turned on my computer this morning, browsed the web for a bit and then i left it on while i went to school (knowing my AVG was on schedule for a scan). This was the first scan for a while as i hadn't realised my old AVG wasn't working. So i expected a lot of viruses. I got home later that day seeing that my AVG had found 320 corrupted files. In a hurry to end the search (which i knew i should have just left alone) i tryed to end the search. i did so and then AVG started to autoclean the corrupted files. at 50% done, it stopped working, so i clicked on the window; this made a (Not-responding) message come up at the top of the window. so i CTRL-ALT-DLT and then i exited it like that. My computer was then being slow so i then restarted it. As it started up it did so as normal until it reached the user login screen. Instead of going to the user login screen, a square box appeared asking me to enter a username and password. The username box was already filled with "ABC" and the password feild was empty. i have never come across this before. I did not know a password for this so i just clicked ok, this seemed to do the trick, until it signed on and then immediately signed off again and took me back to the box. So i restarted my computer and loaded it up in safe mode, in which i did a system restore for only a few days back. The restore took about 2-3 hours, restarted and then took me straight back to the box again. i then restarted my computer and entered safe mode again. This time the "successful" system restore box came up so i clicked ok and then restarted again to see if it made a difference. but it didn't.
At the moment i am on the internet through Safe mode with networking.
Please help as quickly as possible, i have courswork to do :)

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I believe the best way for you to get a solution would be to post into the Malware forum. Please read the Guide before posting.

Thanks.