Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visual Logic Help

• Please log in to reply

Gemini1

Gemini1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, i am taking a Programming Logic and design class and we use Visual Logic for the flowcharting. My problem is i cant get my "Input" (User input) to search my array and pull out the value (Text) assigned to that array#. For instance, when the program runs, it will ask the user for an input, user input...say 3... my array is upper bound 8, so 3 = the 4th spot, right? Well my output says "0" when it should say "Soft Drink". I also want the price to display with it (from a seperate Array). Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gemini1 :)

Advertisements

t3hm4d0n3

t3hm4d0n3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i haven't ever worked with visual anything so i am just telling you standard practice with arrays.
usually arrays start out with 0 as the starting point and counting up from there.
you should use debugging functions if you can to find out the placement of variables in your array, you may have the
location of the data incorrect. ie the 0, but usually there is a function (php's print_r) or toString() in as something that will
let you convert or show the array on your screen so you can make sure the variable is in the correct place.
then you can move on to different solutions once you have verified that data lives at data[3].
if you can verify and you still cant figure out how to display it correctly then hit me up, i can probably help you further.
-=Levi=-

Gemini1

Gemini1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your help. As i started to go through and debug my problem, i noticed that my procedures weren't talking to each other. I am stuck now trying to get my procedures to talk to each other, when declaring a procedure there is a spot to input Arguments but i am not sure as to what i would need to put in there. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shane

t3hm4d0n3

t3hm4d0n3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
an example would be most helpful in this instance. a function with array/string modifiers inside will most likely allow me to understand
what you are talking about a lot faster if you can show me what you are talking about.
-=Levi=-