Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformat and Reinstall XP and

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I have tried to slave this Hard Drive to 2 different computers and although I can feel the HD actually vibrate with power ... I can't view it in the file tree. I have just ordered a new Hard Drive on ebay and will take the easy way out and format that when it arrives.

Thanks for everyone's help! If anyone comes up with any ideas, I'll keep trying til the new HD gets here.

dog

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Ok lets see if you have the settings correct
your drive should be set to one of these options - top option being the best.

Did you check the drive in the other computer to see if it has to be set as a master with slave?
When you start the computer go into the bios settings does the drive show up in the bios - normally under the 1st screen.
Is the bios set to autodetect a second drive ?

are you sure this is the correct file name az9uuj6f.sys I cannot find a reference to that file anywhere.

Attached Thumbnails

• Deskstar_jumper_setting.jpg

Edited by peterm, 08 October 2007 - 05:40 PM.