Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-MACHNE STARTING PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

SSC

SSC

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi:

I have an e-machine with XP that I bought in December 2005. I am having problem starting it. The monitor goes blank. I have gone to safe mode and restored it to a previous date and it has worked some time but not always. Do I have a hardware problem? Is this common with e-machine?

Thanks,

SSC

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Problems with eMachines are usually caused by the power supply units they come with (Bestec branded) and the fact that the components are cheap pieces of garbage that are lucky to last three years. Software installations on eMachines hardware tend to malfunction with age and due to the common problem of inferior components being powered by even more inferior units that don't deserve to be called "Power Supply Units". If it sees Bestec on it, I usually replace it.