Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

toshiba laptop

• Please log in to reply

mechanic

mechanic

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Looking for some help as to the price of a laptop.I purchased a laptop some years ago i think maybe six / seven years ago and cannot for the life of me remember what the cost was.The reason for the post is that i have dropped the machine and it now no longer functions.The machine is covered by my insurance but i need a price for the company and as i said don`t know.The laptop is a Toshiba Model 4010cdt .Can anybody help me with what would be the price range that this laptop would have been in at the time?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you're gonna want to ask your insurance company if they want the ORIGINAL purchase price or the CURRENT value...if they're offereing you the CURRENT value on a 7 year old used laptop...you might as well save the paper....you could PROBABLY sucker someone into paying $100 or $200 for a 7 year old laptop...but that's pushing it...and they'd have to be pretty slow

as to the original cost....well that's gonna be rellatively difficult to estimate...that depends on the specs and options that were purchased with it... laptops 7 years ago were rarely bellow $1500 if memory serves correct

mechanic

mechanic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thanks for the reply to my post.The insurance company want the purchase price and the replacement price as the policy is a" new for old" one.The laptop was bought as a basic one at the time as i remember and only had 32mb memory and win2000 installed with office 95.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you MIGHT be able to contact toshiba and explain the situation and they might be able to tell you the price