Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

channel not changing

• Please log in to reply

confusedinMich

confusedinMich

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
My Computer: Dell XPS410; Windows Vista Home Premium; ATI Wonder TV tuner(I think)250GB HD; 1GB RAM; Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @2.66
Dell tech said they can't help, microsoft wants big money/

PROBLEM: I have Vista Home Premium Media Center set up to record several different channels at different times. For example: I have it set up to record channel 7 from 1pm to 4pm; then to record on channel 244 from 6pm to 7pm. There has never been a problem until two days ago. It will record channel 7 from 1-4pm but when it is time to record channel 244 it records channel 7.

What I've done:
I went to microsoft web site http://windowshelp.m...6e1033.mspx#E1G and followed the suggestions;

I went into the history and it clearly shows that channel 244 was recorded from 6-7pm but what I have is channel 7 news for the hour!

I also reset the channel changing speed.

I checked the record settings for each program and it looks like it is suppose to look.

I have Direct TV and the channels I record are all part of my package.

Can you please tell me what the problem could be? The manufacturer of my computer says they can't fix this that it is a Vista problem.

Any ideas/help about this? Thanks a lot for any/all help.

Advertisements