Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant delete file

• Please log in to reply

sharonrose

sharonrose

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I wasnt sure what catagory to put this in so here i am. sorry if this is the wrong place. I recently lost all my data and have been trying to get some things back. i tried to get my music off my ipod and was unsuccessful with only 426 songs.
It said to run chkdsk so i did. then i tried to defrag (saw that solution in a forum elsewhere) and when i try to defrag the ipod i get this msg at 14% :

ScanFat: Scan Aborted - Fatal Error - File: \\?\E:\iPod_Control\Music\F47\TVGG.MP3

While transfering the music i got a msg saying that file was corrupt. i used copytrans.
I tried to delete this file and it just wont go away. i delete it and i refresh the page and its back. i can rename it though and it stays the new name. other files can be deleted...well, at least one can. when i realized they dont go to the recycle bin i didnt delete any more. how can i get this file to go away? i have winxp sp2 the ipod is a touchwheel 20gig.
ran AV and came back clean. TVGG is 0kb with no additional info. archive is checked.
thank you

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi sharonrose! There's actually a How-To guide on this, here is the link. Try all the methods there and see how you go.