Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Encore CS3

• Please log in to reply

frontball13

frontball13

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Just shelled out some major cash for that shiny new Adobe Master Collection and everything works perfect except one little thing. Adobe Encore crashes every time I open it! It's a real pain because I was really looking forward to having a professional DVD authoring program among the endless other possibilities this collection offers.

Please help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which version of Vista do you have - 32-bit or 64-bit? According to Adobe's site this suite only works on 32-bit Vista. You can find this out by clicking on the Windows icon (Start Menu) -> right-clicking Computer -> Properties and it tells you in there on the Window whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.

frontball13

frontball13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
32 bit, heh, sorry forgot that bit of info.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
This'll probably be caused by some obscure conflict with something else on the computer program-wise.

frontball13

frontball13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
So would virtual drives have anything to do with that? Or am I just going to have to leave part of my collection in the corner?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Virtual drives tend to cause more trouble than they're worth. Its always worth a try getting shot of them because you never know. Also see if any patches are available from Adobe.

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I have the same problem. I have windows 7 64bit. I also tried this on windows vista 64 bit. Mine would show the loading screen and the last thing I see stay for the blueray and something else and the program then crashes. I have never gotten into the actual program. When I attempted to find patches it says it can't find the program. But I may have downloaded something that isn't a patch. Can someone help me find a patch?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: strikermed

Please start your own topic as this topic has not had a reply in almost 2 and a half years.
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.