Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen error when watching streaming channel

• Please log in to reply

anoop1234

anoop1234

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello,

I have a windows xp home edition laptop and everytime I try to watch a video on it for longer than 15 mins (live streaming channel), I get a blue screen error which restarts my laptop. I am unable to get the code because it goes away quickly and I don't know how to access that code after my laptop restarts. I do however get a message once the laptop has restarted that an error has occurred. Here is what I have copied of the error but I have no clue how to interpret it. Please help me fix this problem.

The code error:

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000010 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : FA66C9D8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

occurred in this file:

C:\DOCUME~1\Namz007\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd25f.dir00\Mini100407-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Namz007\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd25f.dir00\sysdata.xml

And I get a message that says this:

Windows cannot find ‘http://oca.microsoft.com/resredir.aspx?sid=10&Bucket=0xD1_bcmwl5%2b239d8&State=1&ID=52e38676-8b8e-4054-a7a9-321ea8f619a1&LCID=1033&OS=5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

Thank you in advance!!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

We really need the BSOD screen message.

Here's how to get it:

Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.

In the Control Panel window, open System.

Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

Murray

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Thank you very much for you help. Here is the code I retrieved now that the laptop does not restart:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and then,

STOP:0X000000D1 (0X00000010, 0X00000002, 0X00000006, 0XF9D9A9D8)

and then,

bcmw15.sys-Address F9D9A9D8 base at F9D77000, Date Stamp 420d7ee5

Please help me fix this. Thank you very much.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You wouldn't happen to be running a Dell wireless system now would you?

If so, re-install the latest drivers for the wireless adapter.

Murray

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am using a packard bell laptop which I've had for about 4 years now. It runs really slow and the fan makes a lot of noise and now this problem....
I just want to fix it so I can watch videos.

Please help =(

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
When was the last time you used a can of compressed air and cleaned out the cooling fan slots and exhaust ports?

Get and install the latest drivers for your network card.

Murray

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We want to run the offline crash diagnostics to get a quick snapshot at what could possibly be the problem with you getting Blue screen error messages.

First we want to download the offline crash diagnostic. You can obtain that here
Now we want to Run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool
After you save the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file, follow these steps:

1. Double-click the WindowsXP-KB923800-ENU.exe file to install the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
The installer adds the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool files to the %Windir%\Pchealth\Helpctr\Binaries folder.
2. Click Start, click Run, type ocadiagnostic.exe ,and then click OK to run the Offline Crash Diagnostic tool.
3. Agree to let the tool send information to Microsoft. Then, click Next.
The tool performs the following tasks:

• The tool determines the number of dump files on the computer.
• The tool finds any dump files that are located in the %Windir%\Minidump folder. You can choose to send all the dump files, or you can choose to send individual dump files.
Note The last 10 dump files to be created are collected. Dump files are not collected if they are more than one year old.
• The tool automatically sends the dump files to the Office Crash Diagnostic Microsoft database Web site for analysis.
• The tool downloads the response URLs.
• The tool displays the response IDs. The tool also provides hyperlinks to the Office Crash Diagnostic Web site.

Go ahead and report back the Response IDS with your next post.

Edited by tuxmaster, 05 October 2007 - 10:11 PM.

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Sorry for the late reply. The Web Response ID's are 10 and 79 where 10 has no solution and 79 is being researched. I hope you can help me. Thanks!

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Well we know from Response 10 that it is probably not hardware.

Lets go ahead and take a deeper look at those dump files.

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the Minidumps.

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > Create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like.
2 > Navigate to %systemroot%\minidump You can paste that address in address bar to get there. Then copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date.
3 > Close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > Use the "add reply" option upload that zip file here as an attachment.

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have attached the compressed dumpcheck folder. Thank you!

Attached Files

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Do you use your computer wirelessly?
Do you have a Dell or a Net gear wireless network card?

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yea I use my laptop wirelessly. I use a belkin wireless card to connect wirelessly. Is this what is causing the problem? Everytime I watch live streaming videos I get this error.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
anoop1234,

That is what one of them came up with.

I would uninstall and reinstall with the most updated drivers for your wireless card.

What is the make and model for your card?

anoop1234

anoop1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have a belkin 802.11g wireless network card model #: F5D7011. How would I go about updating the driver?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
annoop1234,

To uninstall and update drivers.

Go into Add/Remove Programs.

Click on start .
Click on Control panel.
Click on Add/Remove Programs.

Uninstall or remove anything that says Belkin.

Restart the computer.

Go to http://www.belkin.co...p;download=1392

Download your Drivers then run the file to install them.