Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Get Outlook Folders On PC From Server

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello:

In Office 2000, how can I get a guy's folders back off of the server in Outlook? He had mail folders, stored on the server that came up missing when his computer crapped out on him. We were able to get outlook running again, but I can't remember how to pull his mail folders down from the server. I can do it Office XP, I just can't remember how in 2000.

He can see his Inbox and all old mail that was stored there, just can't see his other mail folders.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Edited by magusbuckley, 05 October 2007 - 08:23 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
how are the folders saved? are they PST files or what?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Magus!

And my question is: what do you do in Office XP to get them back?

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello:

Thanks for the replies. He had to go to a meeting so I had a few minutes to sit in his office and play with Outlook for a while. It was easy, I just couldn't put my fingers on it before.

Obove area of the screen where his mail was listed, I clicked the drop-down arrow next to "Inbox". Under it, I found all of his folders. Then, I simply made shortcuts to those folders in the bar on the left.

Thanks for your help.

Magus