Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE Trojan/Spyware/Hijack[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ellimist32

Ellimist32

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok,
Whenever I open IE(6.0) my startup/home page is SearchForIt, or something of the like. This is after I installed some software package... I got rid of alot of stuff by using Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware and AVG, including editing the registry (removing all entries pertaining to SE.dll and DW.exe also IE Home Page Settings) but an error message keeps popping up when I open IE that says "Cannot open C:\Windows\TEMP\Se.dll Access is Denied". And my startup page is back to Searchit. I am using the Resident from S&D, and AVG and its not helping. Please help!

Tim

Advertisements

Salient

Salient

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi, Ellimist32

You will need to download Hijack-This and put it in it's own folder (in order for it to create backups).
Please run a scan with Hijack-This and post the results.

Download Hijack - This

Ellimist32

Ellimist32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No more help needed thx. My HDD was dieing so i bought a new one...just wont dl that again lolz ;) THX ANYWAY!

Ellimist :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.