Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think I have a cookies problem

• Please log in to reply

Joeyp

Joeyp

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I just recently did a Full restore on my pc,and upgraded to IE7.I used to be able to log in to a site,then log out,and the next time I came back to log in,I only had to click the log in box,and my username would pop up,and then I would click it to log in,but since the restore,I can't do that anymore.I've set my firewall to allow cookies,and not to expire cookies,and allow third party cookies,and it still didn't help,and my security settings are set to medium,the same as it was with my old browser.Does anyone have any ideas,is this browser related? BTW,I use Computer Associates Security Suite firewall,any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in internet explorer click on tools, then internet options, then content, then click on the settings button next to auto complete...check the box next to "user names and passwords on forms"

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Just checked,and the box is already ticked,thanks for the suggestion anyway.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...check the box under it (the one about asking about remembering passwords)...then log into a site...it should ask if you want to save the password....tell it yes...then close the page and go back and see if it will do like it used to

Joeyp

Joeyp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Still no joy,it didn't even ask me if I wanted to save passwords.I noticed when I logged out,it said,all cookies cleared,make any difference? ok,it started working,but only on this site,it still doesn't work anywhere else,and only just started working here.

Edited by Joeyp, 05 October 2007 - 03:00 PM.