Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam not working on Vista

• Please log in to reply

tokoolio

tokoolio

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an acer laptop, it comes with a webcam attached, i had it reformatted to have windows vista at future shop or best buy or something, and when i got it back not only did my sound not work but neither did my webcam. I did download a sound driver so it works now....but my webcam still doesn't, can anyone help me out please?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi tokoolio, welcome to Geeks to Go!

When you downloaded a sound driver, then your sound worked. Now you need to download a webcam driver, then hopefully it should work. Look on the webcam manufacturer's support page (most probably "Acer") for Vista drivers.

If you have any problems, post the make and model and we will try to find one for you. It's also possible that the webcam attached is not Vista-compatible - if this is the case, you're out of luck.

tokoolio

tokoolio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks alot for the help......I'm still having a bit of trouble finding a driver though, I downloaded some software a couple of days ago and it didn't work. My laptop is an acer Aspire 5630, model no: BL50

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What's the software you downloaded a few days ago that didn't work?

Looking on the Acer Canada support page, there's a few webcam models that made it into those notebooks and I'm not sure which one you have...

tokoolio

tokoolio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No i don't think I have any of the ones you're looking at because I sortof just went on random sites to find them.

Um well it's 1.3 megapixels if that helps...

Edited by tokoolio, 06 October 2007 - 08:20 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
That doesn't help very much :wave:

Let me do some more research and if I find anything else, I'll let you know. :)