Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Right Click Button

• Please log in to reply

zetakappa700

zetakappa700

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I just added a eSATA PCI card and a Seagate FreeAgentPro 320gb external HD. After installation I moved 10gb off of my C drive and now I cannot use the right click function on my mouse. The files I transfered were all from My Documents.

Any ideas? It worked when I transfered the files and then after the files finished transfering then it didn't work.

~Steve

Advertisements

zetakappa700

zetakappa700

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Does anyone one think that maybe I was just unlucky and my mouse craped out on me at the time of transfer?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Does anyone one think that maybe I was just unlucky and my mouse craped out on me at the time of transfer?

That is not likely but it is something very easy to check for. Plug your mouse into another computer and see if it works. If it does not then follow the step below.

Go to start > Run > Type CMD.

In the command prompt type "Chkdsk /r". It should ask you if you would like to run chkdsk next time Windows starts up or after a reboot.

Restart your computer and let the scan run. Make sure you have the time to let it run and scan. It may take hours.

Let me know if chkdsk solves your problem.

Edited by Titan8990, 06 October 2007 - 11:01 AM.

zetakappa700

zetakappa700

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Before I even had a chance to check the message board, it began working again. Sorry to waste everyones time, but it didn't work last night or this morning.

Crazy!

~Steve

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
wild guess
-
-
"My Documents" had windows config settings on your mouse, and windows restored those files