Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help

• Please log in to reply

phatboy454

phatboy454

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi, i keep getting a pop up and its called internet speed moniter. can anyone help me in getting rid of these pesty bugs. thank you Carl.

Advertisements

hary

hary

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Your pc is likely infected. Pop-ups are mostly caused by adware, spyware, and using pop-up blocker won't help to stop them.

You need to scan with something like Ad-Aware and Spybot, also scan with an anti-virus program like AVG.

Running these programs in Safe Mode (tap F8 as the computer boots up and choose to boot to safe mode) can be more effective.

phatboy454

phatboy454

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
ok thank you are there any free programs that i could get. you think stop zilla could help if i downloaded it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi phatboy454...

Let's let the malware experts deal with this one.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions found there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. Do not reply to or bump your own topic. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

Click Here to start a new topic and paste your log.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

phatboy454

phatboy454

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
ok thank you again, i am still just lost on this. i have went to this sites and just cannot figure this stuff out. i am not good at pc. thank you all for all the help you giving me.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Follow the instructions in Step Five Here.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I split your log out of this topic and started a topic in the Malware Forum for you. You will find it HERE. Do not reply to the topic there until an expert replies to it or it may be overlooked as a topic being worked on.

phatboy454

phatboy454

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i couldnt figure it out so my wife did that all, she did like u said and the pc is working good. this site is just awesome and i want to thank you all for all the help. i will wait for someone to post in the malware forum, i just wanted to say thanks again for all the help. you all are awesome.