Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Install problems with old Adobe products

• Please log in to reply

cherub

cherub

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had purchased Imageready 1.0 and then Photoshop 5.5 years ago for my old computer.

When I had purchased my laptop a couple years ago with XP, I had no problems installing Imageready 1.0, which I needed so that I could load the Photoshop 5.5 upgrade.

Now, recently, I had uninstalled both, and when I tried the Imageready install CD, the "welcome" window comes up, I hit "next", and then the autoplay menu comes up. And then I choose "Installation" and then hit the "Adobe Imageready 1.0" button. It looks like it's unpacking something, but then the process stops. The "next" button does not appear, instead the autoplay window remains, as if I'd never hit the installation button.

I realize that these are old programs, but they've worked before on my laptop. Why won't they work now?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what service pack are you running? From the sounds of it, you have sp2 installed. I don't believe photoshop 5.5 is sp2 compliant.