Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error c0000135

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
I have read this forum and understand why this is acting this weird. I am guessing i tried to install the SP2 UPDATE and it caused this to start happening. Actually it keeps on restarting after the windows xp screen with the blue bars going across the screen. After pressing f8 continously and disabling the automatic restart, i saw the error message. I had no idea what it was so i looked it up.

Now the question is, i do not have any os cd with me. Is there any other solution for me?? If i am able to get a cd, what steps do i follow to repair this problem. I also cannot get into safe mode
I tried safe mode with command prompt and it still restarts. Is there anyway possible to resolve this problem without having the xp cd or boot up cd. Thank you

If it matters, it is a emachines T1116

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What was the error message? Any other words in the message?

Edited by Neil Jones, 07 October 2007 - 03:59 AM.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
STOP: c0000135 {Unable To Locate Component}
This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This is what i see when i disable thw automatic restart

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885523 might be of interest.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
yeah i read that... but i do not have access to the xp disks.... is there anyway around that??

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I would recommend Contacting your computer manufacture and getting the necessary CD's.

If you do not have the operating system CD. You can try to download rc.iso and burn it to a cd as an ISO image. You may need a burning toy like ISO Recorder to do this...be sure to get the version for your operating system.