Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Will Transformers the game support my system?

• Please log in to reply

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey this is my system

Main System:

Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4- 2.40 GHz
448 MB DDR RAM
DirectX 9

Video Card:

VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
Manufactured by VIA/S3 Graphics Co,Ltd
64 MB
Internal or Integrated Video Card

Sound:

Realtek AC97 Audio

And i also have all the basic stuff like mouse, keyboard, etc etc
Will my system be able to support Transformers The Game???

thanks!

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
This is what I was able to find for system requirements.

3D hardware accelerator card required 100% DirectX® 9.0c-compliant 64MB
video card and drivers*
- Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista
- Pentium® 4 2.0GHz or Athlon® 2.0GHz or higher processor
- 256MB of RAM (1GB for Windows® Vista)
- 4 GB of uncompressed hard disk space (plus 300 MB for the Windows® swap file
and 1MB free for saved games)
- DirectX 9.0c (Included)

The integrated graphics would be your biggest problem, but its possible. Best way to find if/how well it would run would be to get the demo and give it a go.

Demo Link

Edited by ADNoland, 07 October 2007 - 11:24 AM.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
umm...700MB demo is quite huge!!! if you can, can you find the torrent download for the demo? i would really appreciate it cause the internet connection in Sri Lanka aint that big! a torrent would help! I use bittorrent!

Edited by spoon007, 07 October 2007 - 11:31 AM.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey i have an AGP port. I aint that rich and my dad is really protective of my studies...so if i buy a 64 MB VGA CARD with my pocket money savings and i install it how much of a difference will it make to my gameplay. you tell me? :)

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Well any dedicated graphics card will be better than anything built in. You would see a significant boost compared to what you have now. I'm guessing you're not a serious gamer though, so I guess a 64mb video card should suit your needs.

I'm not familiar with any sites that offer torrent downloads for demos and the like. Maybe someone else does. If I do come across one I'll be sure to post it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Please read the pinned topics before posting :)
Go to this site, http://canirunit.com/
Under the drop down menu click transformers and allow the site to verify your hardware. It will inform you wether or not your computer can or cannot run the game.

You will see a very small increase in performance, though it's not worth the money.

We here at geekstogo DO NOT support the use of torrents, please refrain from posting any information regarding torrents, cracks and other illegal activity on these forums.
If you do find the sites, I strongly suggest you do not post them here.
James

Edited by james_8970, 08 October 2007 - 07:24 PM.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
james i am really sorry i even asked for a torrent since i totally did not know they were illegal. I am really sorry.

Thanks for the website Andoland i think im gonna take the extra time and download it.

I think im gonna buy the VGA since i can buy it in a shorter time and even my friends have also told me to buy it since ill be able to play the games which were slow on my computer such as Lord of the Rings Battle fr Middle Earth!

Anyway the VGA price here is atleast 5 times lower than it is there since the 64 is around Rs 1500 to 2000 thats like around $15 to $20 if you convert our money to dollars. And the VGA is original too!!!

Sorry again james

P.S. Thank you for saying im not a serious gamer Andoland!!! :)
Thats means im not a 'no-lifer' and i have a life :) :) :)
hehe

Edited by spoon007, 09 October 2007 - 06:46 AM.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
just wanted to say that i found another website to download the demo and the downloads on this website is faster as well!!!

website is
http://www.gamershel...oad_20418.shtml

HAVE FUN with the DEMO!!!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi spoon007, I just want to clear this up:

Torrents and file-sharing programs (P2P) are legal, but many files acquired by their use are not. Also, this is a very common way to become infected with viruses and other malware, so Geeks to Go! has simply banned discussion and help with these programs, except for their removal. You can read about it in the Terms of Use, to which you agreed when you became a member.

James was just talking about "illegal activity", not that it is actually illegal.

Cheers :)

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Sorry guys, I didn't realise that torrents were not allowed, legal or otherwise.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Then I suggest you read this :)

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Thanks.

spoon007

spoon007

I R N0tSmRt

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey thanks! i read it too!!! i just wanted to say that i deleted the bittorent off my computer. "Im in full respect of G2G!!!"

cheers :)

Edited by spoon007, 11 October 2007 - 04:21 AM.