Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word 2003 Hyperlink Return

• Please log in to reply

franklinbukoski

franklinbukoski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I created a document in word with a table of contents. I've linked the table of contents to take you to that topic when you click on the hyperlink. I want to be able to return to where I just came from, back to the hyperlink after I've clicked on it. How can I do this?

Advertisements

loopertoob

loopertoob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Franklin;

There are 2 ways i think you can solve this.

1.)You can just simply use the back button of the browser to take you back to the table of contents directly.

2.)Insert a link into the page that you go to from the table of contents and simply target the table of contents page.
-----------------------------------

Ex. Table of Contents

1.)Intro

2.)Subject Matter

ok....say for example you click on Subject Matter(2) in the Table of Contents. Insert a link in this page(Subject Matter) and call it 'Back to Table of Contents'. All you have to do is direct it to the .htm file that is your table of contents.

Good Luck

Loopertoob

TotallyCalifornia

TotallyCalifornia

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Franklin,

As suggested, use browser controls.

Easiest: Alt-Left-Arrow (same as in IE, this is "Back").

More fun: Add a button to a toolbar.
1.Select which toolbar you'd like the Back button to appear in (I used Standard Toolbar).
2. At the end of the toolbar, click Toolbar Options. Pull down Add or Remove Buttons, then Customize.
3. From Categories, Select Web.
4. Scroll down the Commands list until you find Back.
5. Drag the Back Arrow icon to the location on the toolbar that you want it, and release the mouse button.

Voila! You have a Back arrow in your toolbar.