Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Print Spooler not running on HP1209

• Please log in to reply

stacybeck

stacybeck

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
My printer has been working fine since the day I bought it. Now suddenly, I keep getting the message "Print Spooler is not running".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, and still the same message

XP Home OS USB connection.

Thanks for any help you all can give me.

SB

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
While in windows, press ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager. Look under the processes tab & see if theres a process listed called lexbceserver.

Also look for a process called spoolsv.exe

Let me know what you find

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thanks so very much for your reply. I really appreciate all the help I have received from this forum.

In answer to your reply...No...neither process is listed.

Any ideas?

Sincerely
SB

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Go to start->control panel->administrative tools the select computer management.
Click on services, then in the details window, double click on print spooler. Click on start to start the service.

Try & print again. If you can then this is a temporary workaround but whether it works or not, it should give a better indication as to what the cause of the problem is

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I had the same problem a few months ago. If the print spooler service will not stay started, your gona have to edit the registry. The following worked for me:

http://members.shaw....nterDrivers.htm

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
When I go to Administrative Tools, all that is in there is Microsoft.NET framework 1.1 Config shortcut and Wizards shortcut for the same...where are all the other icons that belong here?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I don't know where other are unless they've disabled in the user permissions or something. Do you have administrative rights on that PC?

For now though, there's another way of doing this....
Click on start - programs - accessories - command prompt
In the DOS box that opens, type net start
& press enter. This will list all the services running. If you can't see the service called 'spooler' in that list, or if you're not sure, then type :
net start spooler
& press enter.

This should start the spooler service. Then try to print something

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Right click on My Computer, select Manage, expand Services and Applications and click on Services.....

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Either way, this is what I get...

Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Thanks again for the help. I do have administrative rights.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I would print off that document I posted a link to and follow the directions. I think your registry is corrupt.....

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Guess you'll have to print it off at the library if you don't have another pc connected to the printer....