Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZOOMX6 router problem

• Please log in to reply

mudlit

mudlit

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Recently bought a new Dell pc and i am trying to connect my router up with my ps3 and xbox360
i use the install disc following the instructions make sure all the lights are solid green ect ect
when it comes to setting up the router for the IP address it gives me a messege "Modem not found"
i try to use manual settings put in my own IP DNS ect still same thing "Modem not found"
i tried to turn all my firewalls off Mcafee and Windows security same thing "Modem not found"
i even tried pressing the reset button for about 30 seconds no luck im really kinda lost when i go to run CMD it doesnt give me a default gateway there either i have a IP and subnet mask i cant go to the router's ip of 10.0.0.2
in the web browser :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Who's internet are you on and what type of router have you got (ADSL or DSL)?

Edited by Neil Jones, 07 October 2007 - 02:19 PM.

mudlit

mudlit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm on supanet internet this link takes you to my router http://www.ciao.co.u...6_5590__6202573
i have had it working on an old pc possible a router isnt gonna work now im on vista and not on xp? just a thought
im sure it's just a small problem

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Routers is usually just a case of plug it in and that's all there is to it, connectivity wise anyway. It's got nothing to do with the Windows.
A possibility could be that the computer doesn't know what to do with the network port but assuming you haven't wiped the machine since you've had it, it should be working anyway.

mudlit

mudlit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i no it will work it does connect all the link lights and lan lights are solid green but it doesnt seem to detect the modem
on the install wizard maybe im using an incorect IP when i use the one from my old usb modem it try's configuring settings
but when i disconnect my usb modem my ip changes and it doesnt even try to connect just gives me "modem not found"
must be some small setting i need to change in CMD it says "IP Routing enabled........no" do i need that active and how do i do so? do the DNS numbers change with a new pc?

if i connect my router up go to cmd do ipcongig /all and put the ip from there into my router's install wizard under
manual settings should that work?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
When connecting to the internet via a router, you don't need a USB Modem. The router does it all for you.
Set up your username and password for your provider through the router's setup/configuration screen.

mudlit

mudlit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i no the basics on how a router works i no i dont need the modem im probly not making myself to clear

i managed to set my ps3 up online without it using my xbox360 ethernet ps3 clearly doesnt give u a crossover cable bunch of (_$&"(*^$

i'll leave my router for another time if need be

thnx