Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer insufficient disk space

• Please log in to reply

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Im no PC Geek and I need help with a Printer Problem. My printer will not let me print anything, I keep getting an insufficient disk space error. I have read several articles on the subject and I have deleated files and have over 12gig of free space and ran disk cleanup and defrag and increased my virtual memory! Tried to reistall the printer driver and no luck there, I get a 16 Bit windows Subsystem, a temporary file needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure a directory path exists, and disk space is available.
After all this I keep getting the same error message!
So where do I go from here? Please help! :)

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello yorkielady007,

What is the exact error message you are getting?

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Epso Printer Driver
insufficient disk space to print. Please consult the "ReadMe" file for more info.

I have done this and it tells about deleating files to free up space. Which I have already done.
What to do?

Hammer305

Hammer305

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have had experienced this a few times. A way i got around it is too open the section printer and faxes, go to FILE, SERVER PROPERTIES. Go to the drivers tab(3rd one along) and delete/remove all drivers that are not required. Close the page down and then reboot the PC and try the installation again.

This has always fixed it for me.
Hope this helps

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thanks for the advice but it did not work! When I tried to remove the driver, I get an alert that it cannot be remove it say the specified driver is currently in use! I have the power button off and I don't know why it would say this? Can anyone shed more light to my situation?
Thanks

Hammer305

Hammer305

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK you may need to delete all the unused printers in the printer section first. If you have your printer there remove that too. You need to make a complete fresh install of the printer.

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
OK I went to my printer section and deleated it from my pc, no printer installed it said. I then inserted my printer cd to reinstall and up pops a windows 16bit subsystem a temporary file needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure a directory path exists, and disk space is available. I have even went into programs and tried removing and I get the very same message. It will not let me remove the program? even more confused now?

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Yorkie,

Go into add/remove programs and remove anything that has to do with your printer software. Restart then reinstall your printer software.

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi Tuxmaster
This I have tried several times but it will not allow me to remove Epson Printer Software, I get the popup window that says...16bit subsystem..... a temporary file needed for intialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure a directory path exists, and disk space is available!
Someone suggested I reinstall XP, so I did, I still get the same error message as before.
anymore suggestios cos Im dumb founded? :)

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
yorkielady07

How old is this printer?

Advertisements

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Im not exactly sure, Im guessing 4 to 5 years old.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Has this printer ever worked?

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Yes, very well, Ive had no problems with it until now, I last used it about 3 weeks ago and it was OK.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What did you do in between those 3 weeks?

yorkielady007

yorkielady007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Im not exactly sure? my hubby has been looking around in Registry and I know he deleted some old game files we no longer use with some temp files, he now can't even tell me what files they were and he swore it was files I didnt need?
So where do I start now?