Computer code blue!
Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:13 AM
Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:52 PM
If the fan inside the power supply is not working, then this is obviously causing the PSU to overheat and as a result the computer will shutdown (as you have already experienced).
Do not attempt to keep turning the computer on in this case as you risk losing data and possibly damaging hardware. I'm not sure how you were able to clean the fan whilst it's inside the PSU but if you removed (or are tempted to remove) the PSU cover to get to the fan, then DON'T. The capacitors inside the PSU are capable of giving you a nasty shock if after the power has been disconnected for a while.
As for replacing the PSU fan - this probably isn't advisible. To start with, many PSU fans are soldered to the circuit board and so can't be unplugged and simply replaced. Whats more, there's no guarantee that it is the fan itself thats faulty, it could be the fan controller instead so replacing the fan won't help. Your best bet is to replace the entire PSU I'm afraid.
Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:41 PM
Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:55 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users