Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tool (task) Bar Dilemma

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi Everyone...well this morning I booted this beauty up and low and behold the tool/task bar which has always been on the bottom of my screen...flew up then across to the right side of the screen...I hate it!!! How do I get it back where I like it? Running a Dell with XP Media...thanks!

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello Certifiably Blonde,

If you right click on the taskbar, your 'lock taskbar' should not be ticked, if it is, untick it. After that, left click on the taskbar and drag it down to the bottom/top/wherever.

Works with me when i try it :) Running XP but should be the same

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Thanks Adrenalin...lol..you would think that would work universally...but alas it doesnt....so I resorted to system restore (which I didnt think I had enabled) and its fixed...A question though..if I set the lock on my task bar will it stay in position and yet be functional?

In the interim..I am running antivirus & adaware.

Again...thanks for your quick response.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Yeah when i lock my taskbar it doesn't move around. :)

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Thank You!

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Anytime :) :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi CB! How ya been?

The trick with the XP Taskbar is to unlock it and "throw" it to the position you want it. To do this, left click and toss it to the side or the bottom, releasing the mouse button just like you were throwing something. Try it, it works. Then it can be locked in the position you choose.

wannabe1

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Thank you wannabe ....and hiya!! Will open a new topic for my next dilemma....grrrss...wants to toss this box!