Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error Help

• Please log in to reply

vanessa6

vanessa6

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,
I'm hoping someone could please help me. I was once receiving a R6025 runtime error and now instead of that I am now getting this:'

Runtime Error - Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Abnormal Program Termination

It happens with no particular website. As Im browsing the internet it just pops up and closes all my windows. I need to then
restart my computer because its seems to disable all my icons on my desktop. I cant think of anything that I have installed recently that would of caused this. Can someone please help? :)

Edited by vanessa6, 08 October 2007 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is almost always caused by a toolbar.
Uninstall any toolbars you have - Google Toolbar, Yahoo Toolbar, eBay Toolbas, MSN Toolbar, etc.

vanessa6

vanessa6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The only toolbar I have is Earthlink and I can't figure out how to uninstall it. I've had it for quite some time and I've never had any problems until now.....
It seems my computer is getting progressively worse. Now I'm not even getting an error message. While I am on the internet all of a sudden my window will refresh on its own, freeze, then close. Then all my desktop icons will disappear and I have to restart my computer again...

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Why not uninstall internet explorer [cause it's microsoft anyway] and use firefox? Then see if the same happens, if it does, then we've eliminated one problem? Another could be malware...

Firefox is really really reilable, i havent used internet explorer in i dont know how long!

vanessa6

vanessa6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Well I started using Firefox and it was ok for a few days but I'm still having issues.
I no longer get error messages but now my computer will just stop connecting to the internet
and I have to restart my computer. I've tried doing a system restore but for some
reason it will not let me, even though I've tried restoring to different dates.
Any suggestions? Should I run a scan on my computer for Malware?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Running malware scan should be almost preliminary in such cases. Use the link in my signature to the malware forum of GeeksToGo and follow the instructions.