Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My sound gone haywired!

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay, let's delve a little further into what parts are in your computer. In particular, I'm looking for the motherboard make/model.

Download and install Everest Home Edition
Run the program and then click on Report up the top.
Click Next, select System Summary Only and click Next, select Plain Text and click Finish.
Copy the second section of the report (Near the top, called Summary) and paste it into your next reply.

Advertisements

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Sorry for the long delay, had some business ti take of.

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name MAGGIE
User Name mtw

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2600 MHz (13 x 200)
Motherboard Name Shuttle FT61 (1 PCI, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon 9100 IGP
System Memory 480 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (11/11/03)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)
Communication Port Brother MFC-8220 USB

Display:
Video Adapter ATI RADEON 9100 IGP (32 MB)
Video Adapter ATI RADEON 9100 IGP (32 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9000/9100 IGP (RS300)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (14436940)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB200 - AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Adapter C-Media CMI8738/C3DX Audio Device

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATARaid Controller
Disk Drive Maxtor 6E030L0 (30 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Optical Drive SONY CD-RW CRX300E (DVD:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 29313 MB (22118 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter My Essential G USB Adapter (192.168.1.69)
Modem Brother MFC-8220 USB

Peripherals:
Printer Brother MFC-8220 USB
Printer Brother PC-FAX
Printer PaperPort Color
Printer PaperPort
Printer PDF-XChange 2.5 DE
USB1 Controller ATI SB200 - USB Controller
USB1 Controller ATI SB200 - USB Controller
USB2 Controller ATI SB200 - USB 2.0 Controller
USB Device Brother MFC-8220 USB
USB Device Brother MFC-8220 USB
USB Device My Essential G USB Adapter
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Printing Support

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi. Does this link take you to your computer? If so, try going to this link and download the audio drivers - it's called "Audio Driver for ST61G4 (20.2 MB)". You will need to install this and (most probably) restart your computer. Does it help any?

If it doesn't help, or that's not your computer, then let me know in your next reply. :)

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
still does not work xD

but it is my computer :)

Edited by splinter500, 19 October 2007 - 06:57 PM.

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
*bump*

Edited by splinter500, 22 October 2007 - 08:29 PM.

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
*Bump* :) :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sorry, we're not helping too well here! Okay, let me review your thread...

Okay here's a thought. According to your Everest report, you have two audio devices installed. They may be conflicting, resulting in no sound. Please remove the PCI card, and just use the onboard audio. You should uninstall the programs and drivers related to the PCI card as well.

If this works, then we need to find a way to disable the onboard audio if you want to use the PCI card instead.

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thanks for the reply (Have seen one in ages xD). Okay I removed the pci sound card but when I try to uninstall the drivers for the sound pci card (from Add/Remove Programs.) It say that the No PCI audio device is not found!. Any solution to this?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Perhaps you can put the card back in, then uninstall all related software from Windows and then uninstall the card from Device Manager. Then shut-down and remove the card, does that help any?

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI SB200 - AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Adapter C-Media CMI8738/C3DX Audio Device

This is your on board sound.

If the card is installed correctly it should be in Add Remove Programs. The drivers need to be cleaned out. Get some CCleaner and under uninstall find anything that is soundcard related...the drivers should show up. They should also be in your program files. Do a search find them and delete as necessary. Now your card will need to be reinstalled but before you do that.......get rid of onboard sound. The PCI sound card can sit in the computer and wait.

FOR ONBOARD SOUND: Make sure it isn't in Device Manager, if it is DISABLE IT, after you are 100% on that. Go into Bio's under Integrated Perphials there should be AC97 AUDIO set to AUTO. If you havent disabled it do so now. Now your on board sound will not work.

Then your card should work with all proper plugs drivers ect. Your computer should recognize it automaticly and take you through all the steps. Follow and Download everything off of CD installation disk and Blamo it should work :) Well hopefully. I didn't read the whole thread but maybe that helps a little.

Advertisements

Opt

Opt

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Hi fellow people,

I come back with another problem :) . Here is the basic problem... There is absolutely no sound. When I play a file with my window media player, it plays but with no sound. But of course there is nothing wrong. I bought a new sound card to make sure and updated with the lasted driver and codec. Even after that, my window media player say now there is a problem with my sound device. There is no problems on the hardware list too. This had me stump. So i decided to format! Argg... what a timewaster indeed. It did not solve anything. So guys, help me :] I would really like to have sound and hear music blasting from my speakers. Oh yeah, i bought another set of speakers to make sure my old speaker is working ok, still didn't do a thing. I check bios also, it has no confoguration relating to sound also :/

No Config in BIOS? ARE YOU SURE?

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Hi fellow people,

I come back with another problem :) . Here is the basic problem... There is absolutely no sound. When I play a file with my window media player, it plays but with no sound. But of course there is nothing wrong. I bought a new sound card to make sure and updated with the lasted driver and codec. Even after that, my window media player say now there is a problem with my sound device. There is no problems on the hardware list too. This had me stump. So i decided to format! Argg... what a timewaster indeed. It did not solve anything. So guys, help me :] I would really like to have sound and hear music blasting from my speakers. Oh yeah, i bought another set of speakers to make sure my old speaker is working ok, still didn't do a thing. I check bios also, it has no confoguration relating to sound also :/

No Config in BIOS? ARE YOU SURE?

yeah im sure
Results will be on the next post

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Perhaps you can put the card back in, then uninstall all related software from Windows and then uninstall the card from Device Manager. Then shut-down and remove the card, does that help any?

Here is what I have done so far:
1. I remove the PCI Sound Card and try to remove it/disabling it. Failed, no sound
2. I put back the PCI Sound Card and install it back, while disabling all other programs relating to the motherboard. Still no sound
If I have done something wrong in that process let me know :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
After completing step 1 (remove/disable), did you install the drivers for the onboard audio? You may need to run through the whole uninstall/reinstall process, in case the current drivers are corrupt.

splinter500

splinter500

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok i did what you just did, and still no sound, this is a tough one to beat