Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PXE-E53: NO BOOT FILENAME RECEIVED

• Please log in to reply

lis777

lis777

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys got a Packard Bell laptop running on Windows XP, on Saturday night whilst on net(via wireless usb adapter) ,laptop went dead. I started it up and tried to boot (I have no backup disc/windows re-install discs) but it just kept coming up with the following PXE-E61:Media test failure,check cable, PXW-MOF:Exiting PXE Rom, and the green light on the HD kept coming on and making a noise. I then tried changing order of BOOT all posible ways in BIOS, still no joy. Have now tried connecting laptop direct via cable and the HD problem has all but been eliminated ,however now when I start up it goes into the CLIENT MAC ADD and then tries looking for something beginning with DHCP... after a while it then says
PXE:E53: No Boot Filename Received, PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE Rom
and starts over again.
Can anybody please help as I have no idea of what a boot file is or where to get it from or really how to fix the problem :)
Thanks[/b]

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Your computer is trying to boot off the network. What you need to do is go into the BIOS and disable the PXE boot. First I would try going into the BIOS and loading the defaults, which there is an option for then SAVE and EXIT. If that doesnt work you need to specifically disable the network boot feature.

lis777

lis777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, have loaded default settings and it just takes me back to the repeating PXE-E53:No boot filename received, have then gone into BIOS again and on the BOOT tab have disable the network boot, now there is a blank screen and it says at the topOPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND ?????????????? :)