Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The computer thinks its there but it isnt

• Please log in to reply

Orayindaiye

Orayindaiye

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok so a few months ago i removed Rome total war from my computer while freeing up some space
all i did was uninstall a few games
but now that i want to re-install it it wont let me, it says that its already installed and only showes me the "Play Game" option in the cd menu, But it isnt installed there arent any files of it left on my computer that i can find, now i figured i could go to add/remove programs and remove it but when i try to it says ERROR and tells me i am missing the file "C:/Programfiles/Commonfiles/installshield/Proffesional/Runtime/11/50/intel32/ctor.dll"

Does anyone know how i can get this file back onto my computer?
i assume all i have to do is get that file so i can Remove all the RTW files and then re-install them all so that i can play it

Please help

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
You could always download it and put it back yourself :)

http://www.dll-files...iles.shtml?ctor

I know I've had to download and install .dlls for old games before to get them to work.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Yer i had this problem with RollerCoasterTycoon 2 (Haha Great Game :) )
Umm i think it is because you uninstallled it a different way and it leaves things behind in the registry or something

So if your any good at editing registrys values have a go But im afraid im not great at it

SpuD