Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A trojan Horse

• Please log in to reply

Kris11

Kris11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Since about last week when my cousins used my computer(unaware of what sites used and downloaded) I have had issues with my computer. I recieves pop ups on my XP every other minute saying I have a virus. I have Norton Ant-virus 2006 but I cant get it to work properly cause it says it needs to be renewed and they want like 40 bucks for another subscription. I downloaded AVG free edition and it detected a virus. Every 5 minutes or so it will an AVG notifcation pop ups saying threat detected. Trojan Horse and it says where it is. It gives me an option to heal, ignore, info or move to vault Ive done everything from heal to vault to delete and no luck. IN the vault, it gives me info and it says its not healable. Also recently my background isnt the same its just white and says active desktop or something like that and also 3 programs always appear on my desktop like spyware removers and cleaners that arent even downloaded but everytime i delete them they come back. I don't know if its spyware or i know there is a trojan horse virus. I dont know what to do. Last year I spent a good amount of money on this Norton stuff and its not working properly cause it has to be renewed, is that the case? Im not sure and am very desperate at this point. I mean my computer isn't to slow, i still go on itunes, myspace, emails, chat, etc.. do work. but its annoying with pops all the time telling me my system has a virus or spyware, etc.. Please if you have any ideas. Maybe I can just wipe me whole computer out, i mean I dont have money so I need the cheapest or free way. How do i just wipe my computer clean maybe?

Please let me know my email is
************** if curious

Thanks for your time

Kris.

email address removed to avoid spam city.

Edited by Noviciate, 09 October 2007 - 04:03 PM.

Advertisements