Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Restoring Lost Pictures

• Please log in to reply

deathcry

deathcry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey everybody,

Is there anyway to restore pictures that may have been lost, The Thumbnails are still on the computer but when i try to edit them in the camera software i get a message saying the file has been renamed or moved from the windows system. i cant seem to find them anywhere else in the C drive. any help would be appreciated and thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
You can try ZAR. Its meant more for digital media cards, but I have used it on a HD. It works quite well.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks for the suggestion, i just have a question though, will the software be able to recover the images from the camera if they have been deleted off the memory card?. i was reading about zar but it didnt mention anything like that.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I have recovered photos off my memory card when my camera said it needed to be formatted. I also recovered pictures from my sons card when the computer couldn't open them.
I would suspect it would work, but like anything, nothing is a 100% sure thing.

deathcry

deathcry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
ok thanks, i will give it a shot and hopefully it will work but if not then at least i tried. thanks for the help and info i appreciate it :).