Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

owner password and fatal error

• Please log in to reply

chelea_girl

chelea_girl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Resolved the first situation - this is a new one. Ok, this is frustrating. My computer won't let me in - it's locked and says I suddenly need a password, which I know I don't have. I left the line blank and hit enter and it says it's loading my personal settings, then I get a blank page with no icons or taskbar. So go to safe mode - same deal except I get a popup saying that some program must be shut down - screen is blank. Ok - I give up, so I go to do system restore. I get to PC Angel and before I even get a choice of which restore option I would like the screen goes blue with this message: stop c000021a fatal system error The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000080 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. Please tell me what to do. I am a college student and that is the only computer I can do my online classes on since my other one is Vista and none of my accounting programs are compatible yet.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi chelea_girl...

If you have access to a Windows XP installation cd, either your own or a friend's, of the same version that you have installed on your machine, try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and will be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

Once this repair has completed, you will have to download all Windows Updates again.

wannabe1