Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ctrl + alt + Del Problem

• Please log in to reply

Nripen

Nripen

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi there when I press ctrl alt del to close some process i dont see the tabs itself, is this a virus? help

Posted Image

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
When you open up Task Manager in Windows XP, there is no title bar, menu bar, or program tabs showing. Only the running applications, End Task, Switch To, and New Task buttons show up.

This problem is easy to fix, the Task Manager is running in "tiny footprint mode". To correct this, simply double-click on the border around the window and it will return to its normal state. To place task manager back in "tiny footprint mode" again, double click again on the border around the window.

Here is the Microsoft article to this problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193050

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 10 October 2007 - 03:22 AM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
To me this is a horrible feature of Windows XP. I actually had to ask the forums about it. It was embarrasing to find out the solution but it is a confusing thing when you don't know how it got like that.

Nripen

Nripen

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
:) I had re-started my computer so many times 2 solve this prob.

thanks for the solution

Edited by Nripen, 10 October 2007 - 07:43 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're very welcome. Glad you got the "problem" solved.

Ron