Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ERROR

• Please log in to reply

irishsnap

irishsnap

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I KEEP GETTING A ERROR 8007007E WHEN I TRY TO WATCH A MOVIE ON MY MEDIA PLAYER. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Edited by irishsnap, 01 June 2004 - 01:58 PM.

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
what media player do you have?

irishsnap

irishsnap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9

Edited by irishsnap, 02 June 2004 - 07:04 AM.

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
couldn't find anything on the microsoft media site.

i would try uninstalling then reinstall the player

igd93

igd93

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
What file type are you trying to play(ie what extension )?
Do you have the proper codecs installed?
will the file play on another player like Winamp or irfanview?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
irishsnap...

You might also try installing MP10.

Error 8007007E or "Module not found" means something in the playback chain isn't fully installed. It is most likely not WMP, but something like a sound card driver. http://www.zachd.com...ss.html#isolate may help narrow it down a bit. Basically you are looking for what works and what doesn't, then you can find out what is not installed or what is broken.

There is not a single solution to this problem. Your answer will depend on what exactly doesn't work. DirectX, third party codec's, sound card drivers, video card drivers, and many other things can cause this.

wannabe1

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Check this out. Dont know if it will help or not.

http://www.microsoft...e/0061.aspx#616

Why do I get error 8007007E ("The specified module could not be found") when I use the Player?

Windows Media Player relies on separate software components to perform various functions (for example, to play DVDs, it requires that separate DVD-decoder software be installed, and to burn CDs, the current drivers for your CD burner must be installed). This error tells you that the Player is trying access a module (a .dll file) for one of these components, and it's either not registered, damaged, or missing. Because it can be difficult to identify the exact component that is causing the error, we recommend that you contact a Microsoft technical support professional to help you correct the problem. To contact a support professional, see the Microsoft Help and Support Web page.

http://support.micro...om/default.aspx