Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

8800 GTX problems

• Please log in to reply

Alt Ctrl Delete

Alt Ctrl Delete

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 203 GB
Video Card: GeForce 8800GTX
PSU: Xilence 700W Gaming Edition

Well about 2 weeks ago I bought the above graphics card, had some trouble fitting it into the case properly but it did work ok. Today I was playing Enemy Terretory: Quake Wars, and I got an error saying that the game crashed because of a driver problem, which it said had been successfully repaired. I then get a blue screen of death with lots of text on it which I didn't have time to read. My system then started to reboot. But I got a bluescreen with teh error "*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0001000A, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000).

So I turned it off and on again. Now the monitor didn't seem to detect that the computer was switched on. I tried turning it on a number more times, with no resaults. I pressed the graphics card in more, and left it a while. Turned it on again and it worked fine. I decided to install the latest driver sofware again in case ti would help. It asked me to reboot. I did, and then I got the monitor not detecting the computer was on again. I trid it a few more times, one time I got an extremely loud beeping size comming form teh computer I think this was because the power supply connectors weren't in propoerly (so I pushed them in more nad havn't had that again), and I got another blue screen of death. I left it a while, turned it on again and it worked.

After that it randomly worked and didn't work, more often than not didn't. Now it won't work at all .

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Advertisements