Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the .ogg file format in Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

incubuds

incubuds

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have recently downloaded some audio files in the .ogg format. I use Media player 11 to rip from cds and synchronise the files with my mp3 player. MP 11 does not recognise the .ogg format and will not let me add files of this format to my library. I have managed to add other files from my hdd to my library that haven't been in such esoteric (and wonderful open source, blah blah blah) formats. MP 11 will play the files after advising me that "this file format is not supported in wondows" it just won't allow me to convert these files... I'm guessing

I just wondered whether anyone had encountered this problem, and if they did, what solution they had to this problem. I'm going to carry on looking for a codec pack or some way of altering what file types MP11 will accept, but any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
they are the ogg-vorbis format. you can install something like the klite codec pack (basic). This will contain all the codecs you need. Alternatively you can download the codec individually. All are available at http://free-codecs.com/