Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One specific website slow, on one computer?....

• Please log in to reply

reftheking

reftheking

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We have a small network at the office (I didn't set it up), and for some reason one specific website is only slow on my computer. All other website's run the same on other computers, and this specific website, which we use everyday. Except mine, my guess is that its a network problem, would somebody care to enlighten me?

P.S. its not myspace, ahha, its the website we use for business where we check insurance polices and such....

Edited by reftheking, 10 October 2007 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

reftheking

reftheking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

We have a small network at the office (I didn't set it up), and for some reason one specific website is only slow on my computer. All other website's run the same on other computers, and this specific website, which we use everyday. Except mine, my guess is that its a network problem, would somebody care to enlighten me?

P.S. its not myspace, ahha, its the website we use for business where we check insurance polices and such....

Whoa this site sucks, its been 5 days and not even a comment....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Whoa this site sucks, its been 5 days and not even a comment....

first off, be patient. we're all vollunteers (even the owner of this site) none of us get paid to be here. we all help on our own time because we like to do this. sometimes a thread might get missed in the shuffle and sometimes people just don't have the answer

are there any differences in the machine in question and the ones that have no problems? like different software? different hardware? different firewall etc?

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Do other pages load the same speed on this computer compared to the others, or is it this specific site on this specific computer?