Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer freezes when trying to delete user account

• Please log in to reply

cintwina

cintwina

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am logged into my admin user account and try to delete 2 limited user accounts with the option to keep the limited user account documents on my desktop. As soon as I press the Delete button, the computer freezes. I need to keep the documents in the 2 user accounts I'm deleting. I'm only deleting the accounts to try to quicken my computer up a bit. If I try in safe mode, it will only list the admin user account.

Any ideas?

Cindy

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depending on the size of the accounts in question, purging them can take some time, up to and just over ten minutes is not uncommon for a My Documents folder of multiple gigabytes in size.

crc

crc

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Have you got any password protection on your other 2 accounts ?? If so please try to remove it and then do the delete. But if u haven't got any protection try to move the documents by copy/paste to your desktop and then try to remove them.

cintwina

cintwina

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks, you're right it just took a long time but it worked.